Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Doomsday Preppers

Let me start by saying that I enjoy watching the Doomsday Preppers episodes on NatGeo. Now airing in its' second season, the show has a loyal following of viewers. Among my friends, the show has garnered mixed support. Some have told me that they applaud the show for raising awareness for the importance of preparedness, but other friends have told me that after watching the first episode they never watched it again due to perceived extremism. Whether you personally love it or hate it, the show has increased awareness of the possibility that bad things can sometimes happen when we least expect it.



The clip above is from Week Two of the 2012 season. It features a teenage prepper from rural Missouri.

Initially I wasn't sure I liked the teenager taking prepping so seriously. Kids need time to be kids, right? But after watching the entire episode, I changed my mind. From what I saw, the kid seems to be very well supervised by his mother.

Some folks I know were surprised at the target practicing portion of the show, but his mother was close-by the entire time. Growing up in Missouri myself, I know from first hand experience that hunting and fishing and being outdoors is a normal part of life in a rural area.

Cae to share your thoughts on Doomsday Preppers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed for approval by the moderator.